November 27, 2011

Turning Up the Heat

When I got to my car, I saw her sitting in hers, opening a pack of cigarettes. I pulled up beside her, driver-door to driver-door.

“Hello, I noticed you in the store a few minutes ago.”

She smiled, “Yes, I noticed you too, bold statement, ‘Not yet’.”

“Give me the pack of cigarettes.”

She offered them and I tossed them onto my dash.

“By 9 o’clock send me your list of other bad habits, and two things you want to improve,” and I gave her my business card.

She looked off-guard, confused, but nodded her agreement, and I pulled away.

8 comments:

  1. This is intriguing...subtle yet dominating. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i. am. loving. this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It would be very hard not to comply, or at least feel very strongly tempted to do so. Such confidence promises much. .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes...definitely sucked me in...and eagerly awaiting more...

    and yes, that was a totally unsubtle hint!!

    hint? beg. okay, i'm begging for more.

    please?

    nilla

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep going, please!!!

    Love,
    Kitty

    P.S. This is really good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If it were me I would ponder for a day should I comply with his demands! Then being intrigued by his bold statement in the grocery store, Not Yet; Id make up the list and call him!!


    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  7. "such confidence promises much" - i agree 100% Alice! I also would be pulled in to discover more - about me... smiles!

    Good read and would love to see more!

    ReplyDelete